Friday, June 29, 2012

BELIEVE (NEW ENGLAND IMMORTALS #1) by E. Leighanne Grimm-Weever_Review

Believe (New England Immortals #1)Believe by E. Leighanne Grimm-Weever

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


“Believe” is the first in a series, and a multi-layered novel, indicative of the author’s rich and vivid imagination. Vampires, Vampire Hunters, Royalty, varied Shapeshifters, Indigenous Americans, American pre-colonial history, Western European settlement in America, romance, jealousy, envy, Supernatural powers, and much, much more-it’s a massive undertaking but author E. Leighanne Grimm-Weever seems to manage to keep it all straight. I found the book quite enjoyable in terms of content (though there were a couple of instances when I thought characters changed too suddenly to be realistic) and I admire the author’s forethought in putting together such a collection of different types of folklore, mythology, superstition, history, and Supernatural elements of many types. My only objection is that the book would benefit from a good proofreading, and that I found the grammatical errors and typos distracting. However, I am glad that “Believe” is the first of a series (“New England Immortals”) and I look forward to the sequel.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE