Friday, October 3, 2014

REVIEW: THE FAMILY TREE by John Everson



REVIEW: THE FAMILY TREE by John Everson

Sometimes I am amazed at the workings of the Zeitgeist, particularly when two excellent authors approach what might have been a similar theme, and wield two very different stories from it. I assume it would be akin to two sculptors working the same mound of clay.

I enjoyed THE FAMILY TREE immensely. I've been aware of Mr. Everson' s reputation, but hadn't read his work. This story is very tautly plotted, with not a wasted moment or a stitch dropped. I highly recommend it. The non-human element is scary--and the humans! Oh my!!

Now as for a story I also highly recommend, with an initially similar and yet divergent theme, author Edward Lee's riveting THE BLACK TRAIN--recently republished as GAST.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE